Downtown is the place to do business.
Working downtown keeps you plugged in to the central hub of Chambersburg and all of Franklin County.
Just about every industry sector is represented in downtown Chambersburg. As the county seat and home to the Franklin County Courthouse, many social, government and legal service agencies operate in downtown. We have engineering and architecture firms, graphic design, banking and finance, insurance, retail and more!
10 Reasons to Work Downtown
1. Coffee and free wi-fi. Downtown is home to coffee shops like C&C Coffee, The Doh-Nut T Co. and Nathan Miller Chocolate, as well as many restaurants that offer free wi-fi. Need we say more?
3. The central hub of the county. As the county seat, Chambersburg is home to a lot of businesses. At the heart of all the activity is downtown, with the Franklin County Courthouse located right on Memorial Square.
4. Books and more books. Downtown is home to the Coyle Free Library, part of the Franklin County Library System. It's a great place to spend your lunch break reading or to get some help doing research the old fashioned way (without internet). Northwood Books, where you're encouraged to relax and read in the study nooks, and the Franklin County Law Library are also located downtown.
5. Green spaces and the Rail Trail. Spend lunch enjoying the trickling of the Falling Spring at Park of the Valiant, or taking a walk down the Rail Trail. Easily plan your after work activities like running on the Rail Trail or meeting up with the family at Chambers Fort Park for a picnic. There are plenty of green spaces downtown to enjoy.
6. Happy hour. Relax after work while enjoying the company of your co-workers and friends at downtown watering holes for happy hour deals, from Bistro 71 to Jan Zell Wines to Roy-Pitz Brewing Company.
7. Efficient errands. Get some errands done during your lunch break, such as visiting the bank, picking up your prescription, grabbing a few groceries from the convenience store and more.
9. Beautiful, historic atmosphere. The Victorian architecture and other historical elements, such as the Memorial Fountain in the center of the square, provide a comforting and vibrant atmosphere to live and work in.
10. Did we mention restaurants? Seriously, guys, the restaurants are awesome. And there are so many; You'll have plenty of options for lunch breaks and meetings.